High School Challenge
PART 1- TRAINING & PARTICIPATION!
All students registered in the High School Challenge, should train for and participate in the Warrior Run 5K or 1 mile walk on Saturday, September 30, 2017. Participants can train individually, however, group-training sessions are encouraged.
PART 2- COMMUNITY SERVICE!
Much like training for an athletic event makes your body stronger, volunteering makes your neighborhood a stronger, healthier community. Plus helping others is a great feel good opportunity! Volunteer hours must be in conjuction with the Warrior Run.
PART 3- FUNDRAISING!
Students can use a number of fundraising methods to raise money for their school. All funds will go directly to the school. The money raised will be used to create mental health programs.
HOW DO WE KEEP SCORE?
The score of each school participating in the challenge will be calculated by a weighted scale.
50% of the score will be based on student participation (as a percentage of total enrollment).
25% of the score will be based on community service (number of service hours compared to other schools based on participants). Community service hours can be accumulated either by volunteering at the race or in any other project of your choice in conjunction with the race.
25% of the score will be based on fundraising (money raised compared to other schools based on participants).
The winning school will receive a traveling trophy, a $1,500 scholarship, and a Skyline Chili cheese coney party.
The deadline to register your school is Friday, September 15. If you are interested in learning more or would like to schedule a visit to your school, please email email@example.com to arrange a meeting with a race representative.
1) One person needs to register your school. This can be an administrator or student team leader. Click to Register School. Once your school is registered then recruiting students to participate is the next step.
2) Register individual students to your team at Register Students, select the HIGH SCHOOL CHALLENGE option and complete the registration selection making sure to select your school from the pull down list.
3) Use the High School Challenge Tracker to record volunteer hours.
4) Create a school fundraising page at Create Fundraising Page. Share the url with all students to maximize the effort.
5) Start training and enjoy the team effort at your school!
Follow us on Twitter @cincywarriorrun
Click here to view Frequently Asked Questions