Learn About Mental Health
The facts on mental health conditions in our country are astounding.
- 20% of youth ages 13-18 live with a mental health condition
- 1 in 5 adults experience a mental illness in a given year
- 1 in 25 people live with a serious mental illness
- 10.2 million adults have co-occuring mental health and addiction disorders
- Depression is the leading cause of disability nationwide
- Serious illness costs us $193.2 billion a year in lost wages
- 90% of people that die by suicide have an underlying mental illness
Help yourself or someone you love by learning more about mental health. Get a start by checking out the resources below and start the conversation.
Groups Who are Changing the Stigma
The Mental Health Foundation, the leading UK charity in mental health, goes beyond the answer: “I’m fine”.
ABC News’ Robin Roberts interviews Naomi Judd on her ‘debilitating’ depression, how it affected her relationships with her daughters and how she made steps to change her life.